Sunday, February 17, 2013

Spring Planting Schedule for Northern KY

Hear Ye - Hear Ye! 

I have just completed my garden seed spreadsheet for 2013. 

If you live around the northern KY area, plan on starting indoor seeds March 17th which is my dear departed Fergie's birthday. She would have been 13 this year, but instead she will be sending doggie angel blessings to my seeds...especially the cabbage-she loved cabbage/kraut. 

This should be enough time for a May 5th transplanting to the outdoors. 

 Now of course cool weather crops can stand to be put out sooner (cabbage, radishes, peas, lettuce, etc..) but I'm not decided on that date yet, but it may be around the 1st week of April. 

That blasted groundhog said we were to have an early spring, so he better be right or I'll be posting a new recipe featuring him as the main course. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment