Monday, February 4, 2013

Hand Tied Quilt Part 3

3.5" x 9.5" quilt strips in 24 colors/patterns in rows on my sewing table
I have been busy working on my quilt, maybe not every single day, but most days.  So far it's all been cutting the 3.5" x 9.5" strips I'll be using to make the 9" blocks.  Let me tell you I have a whole new respect for quilters!  Due to my limited vision, I have one heck of a time measuring, measuring again and measuring yet a third time then rotary cutting the fabrics.  In order to see what I'm doing I have to get my face pretty close to the work area and my upper back and neck start aching about 10-15 minutes into a cutting session.  When I feel the need, I just Quasimodo my way over to my comfy bed and have a rest while listening to a talking book for a few minutes.

So far I have 192+ strips cut which is enough for 64 blocks.  Unfortunately this is not enough to complete a queen size quilt.  Another misfortune is - I'm out of fabrics!  I figure I'll need at least another 16 or so blocks to have enough to complete the quilt.  While I'm keeping an eye out for more fabrics I'm going to start stitching the strips together to form the blocks.

I'll report back when I have some blocks to show you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment