Friday, February 1, 2013

Raisin Oat Bread on a Cold Winter's Day

Close up image of a home made loaf of Raisin Oat Bread
I got this recipe from a fellow YouTuber (TheMrsVolfie) and thought I'd give it a try.  It was literally the best loaf of bread I've ever made in my life!  I'm not sure if it was because I used lard rather than oil or if my new KitchenAid stand mixer had something to do with it, but I'm just tickled pink either way!

Here's how you make it - or you can just watch the video below:

Raisin Oat Bread Recipe 
In 3/4 cup of warm tap water add 1 tablespoon of yeast-set aside
In mixing bowl with dough hook, add...
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup boiling water
Stir for a few seconds
2 tablespoons lard or oil or butter
1/4 cup maple syrup (you can add more if you like)
Stir
While your mixer is still on "stir" add 3.5 - 4 cups all purpose flour 1 cup at a time.  After 1st cup, add yeast water and turn mixer speed to 2. 
Allow to knead for at least 10 mins
Butter the bowl (or spray with cooking oil) and put dough back in bowl with cover to rise for 1 hour 
Gently deflate dough and knead for a few turns 
Place dough in bread pan making sure to evenly snug into corners
Cover bread pan and rise again for 1 hour 
Bake in a preheated oven at 350  for 45 mins

Slather with your favorite spread while it's still warm for a sneak preview of what heaven is like.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment